Even though the apps you download from the App Store are not saved in iCloud, many use it to store documents, backups, and other data for safekeeping.
This article will show you how to delete data from your iCloud account using an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. You’ll also discover how to limit which apps can save data to iCloud and hide unused apps from your App Store history.
How to Delete an App From iCloud on iOS
To remove apps from iCloud on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings on the device’s home screen.
- Tap your name at the top of the Settings interface.
- Select iCloud.
- Select Manage Storage.
- Select Backups.
- A list of the devices associated with your iCloud account appears. Tap the device that contains the apps you want to remove.
Note: if you would like to delete iCloud apps from multiple devices, repeat these steps.
- Select Show All Apps.
- Remove the toggle next to the app you want to remove from iCloud.
- Near the bottom of the screen, a message appears. The message asks if you want to disable the app’s backups and delete its associated data from iCloud. To complete the process, tap Turn Off & Delete.
How to Delete Apps From iCloud on Mac
Follow these steps to delete apps from iCloud on macOS:
- In the Top-left corner of your screen, click the Apple icon.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Select Apple ID in the macOS System Preferences dialog.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. If you have enabled two-factor authentication, you will be prompted to enter the verification code that was sent to one of your other devices.
- In the lower-right corner of the iCloud interface, click Manage.
- Select which app you want to delete from the left column.
- To remove all files associated with the app from your iCloud, select Delete all Files.
Note: If a warning message appears, select Delete to finish the process.
How to Delete Apps From iCloud on Windows
On a Windows PC, you can also delete apps from iCloud:
- If prompted, launch the iCloud desktop app and enter your Apple ID and password. You might be asked to enter a verification code sent to one of your other devices.
- Select Storage in the iCloud interface’s lower-right corner.
- Choose the app you want to remove. Then, select Delete Documents and Data to delete all files associated with the app from your iCloud Backup.
- At this point, a warning message may appear. If so, click Delete to finish the process.
Simple Break of the Steps
iOS: Navigate to Settings > your name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > your device > then Show All Apps and tap the app.
Mac: Click the Apple icon > System Preferences > Apple ID, then click Manage in the iCloud interface.
Windows: Locate the iCloud app and open it, then select Storage, choose the app you want to delete and select Delete Documents and Data.
Hiding Unused Apps in the App Store
- On your iPhone or iPad, Tap and open the App Store. You can hide apps from appearing in the App Store if you no longer want them associated with your account. The App Store can be found on your home screen or in a folder.
- Tap the image of your account. This located in the upper-right corner of the screen. If you do not have a photograph, the image will be a circle with your initials.
- Select Purchased. It can be found near the top of the Account menu. This displays a list of all apps downloaded with this Apple ID.
- Swipe left on an app you want to uninstall. There will be a red “Hide” button.
- Select the red Hide button. This removes the app from the list of apps that have been purchased or downloaded. These steps can be repeated for any other apps on this list.
Note: This action is strictly administrative and does not save any storage space on your device or in your iCloud account. Hidden apps can be re-downloaded in the App Store as usual.
In need of a free online word? Here is one I recommend. Click link to use and thank me later.